Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blog of the Week Plug - Sea of Shoes

Long before I decided I wanted to blog I lurked, read, perused, and reviewed hundreds of blogs. Why you ask, well because research is key in all endeavors, shopping included, but more on that later. . .With millions of people blogging it is a daunting task to pick the best, but here at DC Style Blender, I am your go to girl for the best of all things style related.

So, once a week I will pick a blog, give a small description, a link, and my personal nickname for the blogger. Because nicknames are cute. Natch. Later on in the week I will show you, dear readers, how best to translate the chosen blogs admittedly edgy fashions into a wearable functional DC look. Because well...we are more conservative here and that is just the way it is.

So without further ado, I give you my blog pick of the week. Enjoy and please comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Toodles kittens! xoxo






Blog Name: Sea of Shoes
Blog Writer: Jane
Nickname: Dakota Fanning of Fashion

Content: High end chic shoes, mixed with over the top vintage finds, an enviable array of accessories, and a courageous silhouette choices. The girl is just bad. I mean, bad as in badass. At 17 years old she has more style, knowledge, and presence then most will ever have. And she is funny and nice too! Plus I believe Jane has the world's cutest mom and fashion partner. They are a fantastic duo. Jane has the wit to pair Prada with Anthropology and add splashes of Forever 21. A recent purchase of Martin Margiela Cut Out Boots made me reconsider a whole type of shoe option as possible and totally needed for my own wardrobe. Touted by Lucky, Teen Vogue, and various bloggers in the world webby, it is a given that Jane will be a serious Somebody in the fashion world by the age of 25. Which is why I call her the Dakota Fanning of the Fashion World. She is the child leader and honestly I'd follow her style anywhere it would lead.
Images courtesy of Sea of Shoes.

No comments: